Dr. Michelle Young is a naturopathic physician and licensed acupuncturist. She integrates ancient healing modalities with innovations of modern science so you can achieve optimal health and wellness. She wants you to live your best life, because she knows that when we feel good, we do good.
She believes that prioritizing self-care is essential to maximize the potential of your body, mind, and spirit. Her goal is to help you discover a routine that suits your individual needs – whether that is enhancing your athletic performance, preventing dis-ease, aging gracefully, or all of the above and more. You have unique needs, and you deserve a personalized approach to achieve your greatest potential.
Dr. Michelle Young’s treatments:
- Encourage healthy flow of qi and blood using acupuncture, cupping and Chinese herbal formulas
- Balance hormones with nutrients and herbs, based on your genetic predispositions and biochemical needs
- Replace deficient hormones to optimal physiological levels with bio-identical options
- Promote digestion, the ability to absorb and assimilate nutrients, and cultivate a symbiotic microbiome
- Support metabolic health, prevent chronic disease, optimize body composition and promote healthy aging with advanced testing
- Alleviate musculoskeletal pain, with Chinese medicine and regenerative orthopedic injections
- Enhance your natural glow with medical aesthetics using microneedling, PRP, neuromodulators, and dermal fillers
Dr. Young is a student at heart, always researching, learning and growing. She is motivated to evolve personally and professionally, so she can better serve and empower her community. She is humbled by and grateful for the opportunity to participate in your health journey – to witness the divine intelligence of the natural world and the human spirit.
Dr. Young completed her naturopathic and Chinese medicine training at the National College of Natural Medicine in Portland, Oregon. She studied psychology and biochemistry at Arizona State University, where she worked as a research assistant in the Health and Aging Lab, investigating physiological effects of stress. She was raised by a loving, supportive family in Dallas, Texas and currently resides in SW Portland, with her husband, Mike, and little dog, Jonah. She loves exploring the outdoors and is always looking to get out and enjoy the warm sunshine.
Advanced Training, Certifications and Affiliations
- Oregon Association of Naturopathic Physicians
- American Med Spa Association – Med Spa Show 2020
- Medical Aesthetic Certification – Pacific Northwest Aesthetics Academy
- SE Wise Women Herbal Conference
- Certified Hospice and Palliative Care Acupuncture Specialist (CHPCAS)
- Prolotherapy Certification- American Osteopathic Association of Prolotherapy Regenerative Medicine
- A4M Bioidentical Hormone Symposium
- Student at the Functional Medicine University, Brookbush Institute
- National University of Natural Medicine – Doctor of Naturopathy (ND), Masters of Science in Oriental Medicine (MSOM)
- Arizona State University – Bachelor of Science – Psychology, Biochemistry